Wednesday, July 29, 2009

2 Gigs, 1 Night (July 21, 2009)

For the first time in GFT history, we performed two full sets in one evening. Even though we were all extremely exhausted, it was a great night. We were fortunate enough to be able to perform for two great crowds. We ended up having to do 2 encores which made the sets even longer, but still a really great feeling.

After the first set, we went out into the hall to meet with the audience and sign CDs. By the time we were talking to the last few people from the first set, a large number of people from the second set were lining up in the hall to get into the venue. So, we had to run back in and get ready for the next set immediately. It was a crazy night indeed.

Jame's wife (Autumn) was at the first set. Talk about devotion. She flew all the way to Utrecht to see a GFT gig. Well that isn't entirely true, but it sounds good. Anyway, during the intro to Take My Hand Precious Lord (when James is improving during the intro of the tune) Autumn yells out “Your so sexy!” Wow.

We performed our newest song How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You for the first time. It is my feature (not trying to toot my own horn here its just an important part of the story) and James had told me to find a girl in the audience and sing to her (as a joke). During the second set, I decided to do just that. I felt so badly for the poor young girl that I chose to sing to. She was so awkward about the whole situation. She wouldn't even look at me. It was the most awkward thing that has happened on this entire trip so far. Sheesh. Thats what I get for listening to James.

Peter
GFT

No comments:

Post a Comment